We would like to thank everyone that joined us June 17 through June 20, 2016 for the 50th anniversary celebration of Trinity Catholic Junior and Senior High School. Over the course of 144 years the Catholic faith in Hutchinson, Kansas grew to be what it is today. The first Catholic school was started in 1902, in a two-story house at 210 East 4th, with Dominican nuns teaching. In 1923, six students were honored at the first graduation exercises.
It was in 1966 that the "new" Trinity High School was opened for grades 9 through 12. This was a culmination of hard work and dedication of the three Hutchinson parishes. At that time, and for one year, the mascot was the Trinity Trojans. Trinity High School was staffed by Sisters of St. Joseph, Sisters of Mercy, and Sisters of St. Dominic - the first time in Kansas history that a school was staffed by three religious communities.
In 1971, Trinity High School became Trinity Junior Senior High School with the addition of 7th and 8th grade students. In 1996, Bishop Gerber announced that schools in the Dioceses of Wichita would embrace the "stewardship way of life." About that same time, Trinity added "Catholic" to its name sake and became Trinity Catholic Junior Senior High School as it is today. Trinity continues to improve its campus and educational opportunities for the students.
Over the course of 50 years Trinity has seen as few as 107 students in its hallways in 1991-92, and as many as 275 students, grades 7-12, enrolled during the 2005-06 school year. Approximately 270 students attended Trinity this past school year. Our halls today are filled with third generation students and we are blessed. It is exciting to say that over 1,500 (1511) have graduated and call themselves Trinity alumni!